I have been blessed with the TRIP of a LIFETIME. If you have known me, then you probably know that I have wanted to go to New York City all my life. I am obsessed with theater and wanted nothing more then to go see a Broadway play and check out some shopping. I was able to take this trip a lot earlier then expected. As a negotiation tool/surprise Jeffrey and Nancy planned a trip for us to take. It was amazing! We left on Tuesday and headed to the city. It was Nancy, Randy, Hannah, Jeffrey, and I. We drove the 4 and half hours to the city and found the apartment building that we had been offered to use. A co-worker of Randy's offered up his apartment in Gaswork Park because him and his family were headed south. We were so lucky to be able to stay in such a nice place right in the city. The first day we got there in the early afternoon. We headed to the subway and made our way up to Times Square. It was beautiful. We were all very hungry so we were looking for a place to eat. Randy had a place in mind and we started our adventure. We walked up Times Square taking it all in. We eventually got to the Stage Deli. It was a delicious meal of huge sandwiches. With full tummies we were ready to continue out journey. We check out some sites close by and soon fell upon the Ziegfeild Theater. It just so happens that the Premiere for "The Time Traveler's Wife" We waited to see if we could catch some celebrities. We were lucky enough to be able to see Rachel McAdams. If we would have stayed a little longer we would have seen Brad Pitt, but we kept walking. We found Rockafeller, and the NBC studios. We made our way back. We stopped and grabbed a cannoli for dessert. It was so tasty!!!
The Next morning Jeff, Randy, and I took a walk. We were just around the corner from the Satan Island Ferry. We hopped on there, since it's free, and checked out the Statue of Liberty. We did go directly to the island but we got pretty close. It just gives us a reason to go back. We went back to the apartment and got ready. We headed back uptown. We hit MACY'S, the NYC Temple, and Central Park. I was so lucky to be able to hit all the things that I wanted to do. There is so much to see there that we will defiantly be going back. We headed back toward Time Square and towards our play. We were able to quickly see the Plaza hotel, and shopped a little in Tiffany's. That night we went and saw the AMAZING play CHICAGO! It was starring Samantha Harris from Dancing with the Stars. Her voice was surprisingly awesome! It was a dream come true.
People have always told me that I most likely enjoy NYC from afar but once I got there I would feel claustrophobic, and crowded. I can now tell you, I DID NOT. I loved every min of it and can not be more grateful for my amazing family and their willingness to make my dreams come true.

Catching the Subway


Time Square

Stage Deli and Our HUGE Sandwiches

At the Ziegfeild. Waiting for Celebrities. Such Pretty Ladies

The Star Her Self. Ms. Rachel McAdams

NBC Studios

Times Square at night. Loved the Lights

And all that jazz....

Real NYC cannoli

Lady Liberty

Jeff and I with NYC behind us.

Macy's! It's nine floors large!!

The Street It self!

NYC Temple

This is the Bride in Central Park. The one in all the movies!

Chillin in Tiffany's

A great way to end the Trip! LOVE YOU GUYS
No comments:
Post a Comment