
Fun With Sparklers

Fire Work Stud!

PyroManicas
We hope that you all had a wonderful holiday, because we know that we did. My mother was out of town so we simply celebrated the Nation's Birthday with just the two of us. We started off our day with a flag raising at the Church. It was nice to be able to see the Nation's colors being respected in the proper way. We enjoyed a laid back breakfast of doughnuts and juice while we mingled with others from the ward. Afterwards we headed back home for a long deserved nap. When we woke up I started on the food. I felt that my husband deserved a big 4th of July BBQ so I tried to pull out all the stops even thought it was just the two of us. I marinated some chicken wings, grilled hot dogs, we had a couple types of chips and dip, a whole watermelon. It was a feast for kings. When the sun went down we headed outside to light our few fireworks. We were excited though. Some neighbors down the street were lighting theirs as well so we got to enjoy a few more then expected. If anyone doesn't know I am a pyromaniac at heart. Jeff hates it but I try and melt different things. Nothing that is all too flammable, but I love a good flame. Just ask Anne. Being the humble person that I am ;0) I put my pyro-antics aside for one night and let Jeffrey light the fireworks. Deep down inside he is a pyro too he just doesn't like to admit it. After our pyro show, we went to watch the big ones that the hotels put off. For anyone who doesn't know pretty much any Vegas hotel likes to put on a show, so they all set off huge displays. We headed to the top of the 215, that has a view that over looks all the city, and got a pretty decent spot to watch the works. We turned up the radio and with the other firework gurus starred in awe at the magical display glowing over our city. After the last fire had done it's work, we headed home to enjoy a movie in bed. We say that it was a good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment